Cleaning after construction projects is an important job and must be completed flawlessly.
However, that is not easy because there is so much to do in one space. Post construction clean up checklist will help you to notice everything necessary.
Everything cleaned, in turn, will make work more efficient and save time. Follow our list below so you can catch everything.
What Should The Post-Construction Clean-Up Checklist Include?
To ensure that the projects are cleaned after construction and in the best condition, we need to rely on the post-construction clean-up checklist.
Depending on the characteristics of each project, the inventories will have different changes.
However, looking at them, they will have the following items:
Room Furniture post construction clean up checklist
First, we will take care of cleaning the interior areas of the room. Make sure after you leave, everything has been cleaned according to the list below:
- Dust the ceiling and walls
- Remove excess caulk
- Clean baseboards, window frames, trim, door frames, and windowsills
- Remove paint from hinges.
- Clean the countertop
- Vacuum dust off floor vents
- Mop or vacuum the floor
- Clean light fixtures
- Clean cabinet doors, shelves, and drawers
- Wipe down any windows
- Clean blinds and shutters
Specific areas in the house, such as the kitchen, restroom, garage, and storage space, are also guaranteed to be cleaned.
- Kitchen: This area is dedicated to handling food, so it needs to be kept clean. After thoroughly cleaning the room, you should use the sponge to clean it again—clean counter edges, sink countertops, and other equipment that are free of paint.
- Restrooms: Restrooms are places where many people pass and need to be kept clean to avoid spreading bacteria. Cleaning contractors must pay attention to every detail after construction in this area. Pay attention to cleaning toilets, sinks, faucets, mirrors, and other appliances.
- Garage: The garage also needs to be cleaned. It mainly cleans the lighting system and exhaust fans and vacuums the floor.
- Warehouse: cleaning the warehouse from the beginning will help the items stored inside be better preserved. You should pay more attention to the walls, and window blinds or more than the ceiling, light bulbs, etc.
=> You might need: The latest Post construction price
Exterior post construction clean up checklist
After cleaning according to the list inside the house, we will clean the outside space. Many areas have been dirty during construction, and garbage will also appear everywhere. You can pay attention to cleaning according to the post construction clean up checklist below:
- Pick up screws and nails in the outside area.
- Pick up trash
- Clean outside lights
- Clean patio surfaces, decks, sidewalks, etc.
- Clean the edge of the window
- Clean the front door
- Empty the trash
Entries And Exits
In addition to the areas mentioned above, entries and exits are also two areas that receive a lot of attention. No matter how clean a house is, having a dirty door can also leave a wrong impression.
- Dust, clean sills, door frames, and doors
- Wipe and vacuum in front of the house
- Sweep the eaves
- Remove paint from hinges.
Priority Items In Post Construction Clean Up Checklist
You can clean the building entirely if you follow the post-construction clean-up checklist above. However, to make the cleaning process more effective and safe, you should have a list of priority items that need to be prioritized for cleaning. At the top of the list are debris and dust.
Debris is one of the risk factors after construction works. Any post-construction clean-up checklist cannot design construction debris. Debris should be handled as soon as possible to continue cleaning other areas.
Before removing debris, cleaners should pay attention to the amount and material that makes up the debris. That helps the cleaning contractor easily grasp the situation and have an appropriate solution.
=> Related article: Expert guide on how to clean the post construction area
Fine dust is one of the primary forms of dirt that any construction leaves behind. These microscopic dust particles are difficult to clean and pose many dangers to human health. During the cleaning process, the operator should wear a protective mask to prevent this contamination.
Whether it is fine dust that comes from concrete, plaster, or sawdust, it is difficult to remove. Here are a few favorite spots of fine dust that you should focus on cleaning:
- Carpets and upholstery
- Fan and window blinds
You can use a damp cloth or a premium vacuum cleaner to clean fine dust on various devices and surfaces.
Who Helps You Complete The Perfect Checklist?
Although you will get the best post-construction clean-up checklist through our sharing in this article, there is no guarantee that you will forget a few things during the cleaning process or leave the list somewhere in the middle of the post-construction mess.
The best decision you should make is to hire a professional cleaning contractor with extensive experience. Iconic is a good choice.
We own a team of many professional cleaning experts who can quickly and efficiently clean.
With long-term cleaning experience, we know how to clean and what the post-construction clean-up checklist includes.
Things that need cleaning will be dealt with thoroughly. We offer optional cleaning packages with varied prices to ensure the perfect service for your needs!