Post-construction clean-up is necessary to remove excess construction waste. It not only gives you a cleaner space but also shows the perfect finished work.
However, post-construction clean-up is not an easy job. Project owners must find professional and knowledgeable contractors to conduct safe and proper cleaning. Our guidelines below will help project owners make the right decision!
Post Construction Clean Up and Necessary Tools
Before starting the post-construction clean-up process, we need to have thorough preparation. It not only helps the cleaning process go more smoothly but also ensures work efficiency. You can base on the list below to check the necessary cleaning tools:
- High-powered vacuum cleaner (also called a shop vac)
- Wet/dry vacuum
- Power washer
- Carpet cleaner
- Floor polisher
In addition, you can prepare extra soft wipes, brushes, trash cans, trash cans and other waste containers.
The Best Post-Construction Cleaning up Guide
After completing the preparation, we will proceed to the post-construction clean-up process.
To make things work more efficiently, you should remove as much fine dust before cleaning as possible.
The general cleaning will be done through many steps, from rough cleaning to touch-up.
|=> You might need: 4 dominant factors affect the post construction cleaning service price|
Rough Cleaning – Post Construction Clean up
Rough cleaning is the first step after the build process. In this step, the cleaning contractor will remove debris and coarse dirt.
Since this process is only a preliminary cleanup, everything will still have stains.
Mainly, this cleaning phase just helps to reduce the clutter. Its criteria will include the following:
- Remove construction debris
- Treat paint stains, adhesive residues or fillings
- Remove the sticker on the glass door
- Clean the partitions and glass doors
- Clean walls, door frames and baseboards
- Sweep and vacuum the floor
Deep Cleaning – Post Construction Clean up
At the end of the rough cleaning, the cleaning contractor will have to perform further cleaning steps. This process will clean more thoroughly at the edges to completely remove the dirt left in the rough clean.
Due to the rough cleaning, this cleaning process will be more effective. You can start a deep cleaning with the following notes:
- Deep cleaning, especially in the bathroom and kitchen
- Use a broom to thoroughly clean windows, doors and bathrooms
- Wipe the lighting fixtures with a soft cloth
- Wipe down walls, cabinets and baseboards
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust in the room completely
- Clean the house and wash the carpet
You should also pay attention to other furniture in the room, such as sofas or tables.
After deep cleaning, there is still dust on the room’s surface. Therefore, to remove this dirt, you need to use soft and microfiber cloths to wipe the surfaces. Cleaning the touch-up doesn’t take much time, but it’s quite important.
|=> This is Expert Post Construction Clean Up Checklist|
How Long Does It Take To Post construction Clean up?
Cleaning time is one of the most concerning points for project owners. However, the process of post-construction clean-up takes a long time depending on many factors, such as the experience of the cleaning contractor, the area to be cleaned, and the level of cleaning to be performed.
Of course, if your project has a large cleaning area and your cleaning contractor has few employees, the time you need will be much longer. On the contrary, if the cleaning area is small and labour is available, everything will be completed more quickly.
In addition, the specific level of the project when it comes to cleaning will also greatly affect the progress. The more parts the building has, the more time it will take to clean.
Although it is difficult to give an exact post-construction cleanup time because each project will have different requirements and areas, we will give an estimated time. Usually, rough cleaning will take about 1-2 hours per person for 600-800 square feet.
Deep cleaning will take about 1.5 -3 hours per person. Of course, the time will decrease if the number of cleaners increases.
In addition, you can refer to the following sharing to post construction clean up more effectively.
Tips For Post Construction Clean Up
The tips are indispensable to make your post-construction cleanup process more effective and convenient. With years of experience in the field of industrial cleaning, we offer the following list of helpful tips:
- Starting cleaning from the top will not cause dust to fly around (from the ceiling)
- Allow the dust to settle before starting the next cleaning step: after each cleaning, the dust will be airborne again. Waiting for them to settle effectively makes wet rags or vacuum cleaners work more efficiently.
- Vacuum to remove dust more effectively: cleaning dust when it is suspended in the air is difficult. Using a vacuum cleaner is one of the most effective measures.
- Open windows when cleaning: opening windows will help dust escape more effectively. Fresh air and circulation will benefit the cleaner and the cleaning job.
- Hire a professional: experts in the cleaning industry will know where to start and how to clean effectively. This is the best way to save time and effort!
Iconic Cleaning – Your Best Choice
If you are looking for a post-construction clean-up contractor for your project, Iconic Cleaning is your top choices.
With many years of experience in floor and construction cleaning, we are confident in our ability to complete projects on schedule and with the quality of our services.
In addition, Iconic also offers many cleaning service packages with diverse prices and levels. Project owners can rely on available criteria and requirements to negotiate and choose our services.
We always make commitments before, during, and after the completion of the project, so project owners can have complete peace of mind. If you want to know more about post-construction clean-up prices, you can refer here!