Do you think you have completed school kitchen cleaning? You can’t give a definite answer if you haven’t checked your to-do list to clean your kitchen.
Although cleaning the kitchen is not too difficult, you will miss a few things if you do not check carefully.
In particular, to clean an entire large kitchen at school, you need a checklist even more.
Too often, the school kitchen cleaning checklist includes the general steps:
- Disinfect Work Surfaces and Equipment: ovens, microwaves, fridges, freezers, computers, monitors
- Maintaining Lustrous floors: mopping and using a fragrant disinfectant
- Waste Management: Make all bins empty,…
- Storage Areas: Dust off and sanitize lockers and shelves
- Restrooms (if attached to the kitchen): Refill soap dispensers, tissue papers, and hand towels.
- De-cluttering: Set kitchen utensils and tools in their ordained places
- Furniture Sanitization: Clean up the cafeteria seat
- Kitchen Specifics: Clean up sinks, vents and hoods,…
- Safety Checks
- Don’t forget your checklist routine
Based on our experience, the list will be divided into daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. Read the shares below for the best checklist!
3 Types Of School Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Cleaning a school kitchen will be quicker and clearer if you have a checklist of things to do. You can refer to our list if you do not know what to include in the checklist.
First, you need to have enough cleaning tools to clean the kitchen:
- A soft sponge or scrub brush
- Specialized cleaners (dish soap, kitchen spray, etc.)
- Multi-purpose cleaner
- Baking soda
- White Vinegar
- Wipes clean
|=> Have you read: Tips to clean the student accommodation|
Daily school kitchen cleaning checklist
School kitchens are used for daily cooking, so daily cleaning is essential to ensure the safety of dishes. Daily cleaning work takes place regularly, so you hardly need to clean deeply, but only clean used equipment. Refer to the list below:
- Wash dishes: you can use the dishwasher to wash it all faster. Large and fragile items you can clean by hand.
- Clean the sink after each use: mild detergent can be used to clean the sink surface better.
- Cleaning the dishwasher: cleaning the dishwasher will help the dishes being washed inside clean. We can clean it by running the dishwasher on a hot cycle with a bowl of white vinegar on the top rack.
- Clean the cooktop and burners.
- Wipe and clean the cooking surface with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Sweep the floor.
- Clearing up the messy things on the table and rearranging.
Weekly school kitchen cleaning checklist
Weekly school kitchen cleaning will have deeper cleaning steps than daily cleaning. You need a general cleaning every week to keep the general hygiene and reduce the fatigue of daily cleaning.
Check out the weekly school kitchen cleaning checklist below:
- Take inventory of leftovers and discard expired food: check the food in the school kitchen weekly. Maybe something has expired and needs to be thrown away.
- Clean the surface of the equipment: during the cooking process, grease can stick to the kitchen appliances’ surface. Removing them every week keeps kitchen appliances from staining.
- Clean the inside of the oven and microwave.
- Disinfect sinks and faucets.
- Cleaning sponge.
- Wash dish towels.
- Deep clean the sink.
- Remove stains.
- Mopping the floor.
- Empty the trash.
- Clean the recycling bin.
- Garbage disposal.
Monthly school kitchen cleaning checklist
Although you have daily and weekly cleaning, you should still arrange a monthly school kitchen cleaning time. This list will include even more deep cleaning jobs to ensure everything is perfect.
- Take inventory of the entire pantry: in addition to checking for fresh foods, you should also check the expiry date of canned foods. Opened items should not be used again after a long time.
- Freezer inventory: check if meat or other frozen foods are still usable. Otherwise, they should be discarded. Then clean the freezer.
- Clean and disinfect trash and recycling bins.
- Deep cleaning dishwasher.
- Wipe the dust on the top of the refrigerator and the top of the cabinet.
- Clean the dish drying rack.
- Clean the wall around the cooking area.
- Clean the coffee machine.
- Clean the hood, lights, fans, and air conditioners (if any) in the kitchen.
- Clean the spice containers, and replace them with new spices if necessary.
- Washing kitchen rugs.
How To Make Sure School Kitchen Cleaning Is Perfect?
To ensure school kitchen cleaning is perfect, you should have a complete and detailed checklist. You will know what tasks you have completed and what you have left out with a list.
The checklist is long or short, depending on the scope of the work and the number of appliances present in the school kitchen.
However, the checklists we recommend above are common to all kitchens. You can refer to it to create your own list.
|=> You might need: The efficient way to choose School Cleaning Contractors|
To make school kitchen cleaning perfect, you can apply the following tips:
- Check the school kitchen cleaning checklist every time you do the cleaning.
- Build a habit of regular cleaning to make routine cleaning easier.
- Divide cleaning tasks into weekdays. You can fix the time for more effective cleaning.
- Can adjust tasks and time to suit the situation.
- Hire a professional school kitchen cleaning contractor.
Who Can Help You Check The School Kitchen Cleaning?
You can use our sharing to create your school kitchen cleaning checklist. However, to clean everything as well as ensure the process goes perfectly, you should seek professional cleaners.
Iconic Cleaning is one of the most prestigious school kitchen cleaning service providers today. They can help you clean your kitchen daily, weekly, and monthly.
You don’t need to worry about any cleaning steps, including making a checklist. Everything is cleaned quickly, and you must mind the menu and dishes.
Hiring a cleaning contractor will help you share the burden. Moreover, Iconic Cleaning has enough professionalism and enthusiasm to help you complete well. You can find and choose the right cleaning service packages for your needs on their website.
School kitchen cleaning is not difficult, but you need a checklist to ensure everything is cleaned.
Based on years of cleaning experience, we have developed a few school kitchen cleaning checklists in this article. You can refer to them to create another list.
You might need some other helpful cleaning checklists: